November 16, 2012: Chapter 9 Bankruptcy Petition Disimissed for Town of Mammoth Lakes.
October 18, 2012: Town Of Mammoth Lakes To Hold A Town Council Meeting On October 18, 2012 To Continue Community Discussion Regarding Proposed Balancing Measures And Alternatives Necessary To Pay the MLLA Settlement
October 10, 2012: Town invites community to complete resident survey
September 21, 2012: Town and MLLA Announce Terms of the Settlement
The Town will hold a series of public meetings to have a dialogue with the community regarding the Town’s plans to reorganize its operations in order to become more creative, effective and efficient, and afford the long-term settlement payments. The meetings’ dates and times, as well as discussion topics, are listed below. All meetings will take place in the Town Council Chambers (Suite Z).
Discussion of the Restructuring Plan - Phase 1 (position eliminations)
- Wednesday, September 27, 2012 - (click to watch video)
- Wednesday, October 3, 2012 - (click to watch video)
- Thursday, October 18, 2012
- Wednesday, November 7, 2012
- Wednesday, December 5, 2012 (Adoption of the Restructuring Plan Phase 1)
Analysis of Alternative Service Delivery Models, in Collaboration with Employees and Outside Partner (Restructuring Plan - Phase 2)
- Wednesday, December 5, 2012
- Wednesday, December 19, 2012
- Wednesday, January 2, 2013
- Wednesday, January 16, 2013
- Wednesday, February 6, 2013
- Wednesday, February 20, 2013
Town reports results of outsourcing RFPs.
- Wednesday, April 17, 2013
Town approves outsourcing contracts, new service delivery models, and new FY 2013-14 budget
- Meetings in May-June 2013