Recreation This Week!
Never Have a Slow Day in Mammoth Again!
Recreation This Week! is a weekly e-newsletter compiled by the Recreation Department for the community of Mammoth Lakes. In it you will find a weekly sampling of our boundless recreational opportunities in one of the world's most spectacular playgrounds.
Whether you're looking for family fun, learning new things, challenging your endurance or simply rejuvenating the soul, we hope you'll take advantage of what awaits you in Mammoth Lakes.
Recreation This Week- November 17, 2017
I will not be sending out a letter next week as it is Thanksgiving so consider this your one-stop shop for recreation and holiday events for the next two weeks!
Parks and Recreation News…
- Mammoth Youth Hockey is now accepting registration. The season starts November 27, costs $99, and includes two sessions per week, ice rink season pass, jersey, and socks.
- Ice Skating Lessons now open for registration. There are two sessions available. The first session, Jump Start Skating Lesson, designed for beginners, runs November 27 – December 18. The second session, designed for all abilities, will start Monday, January 8 and run through Monday, February 12. Both sessions are open to children grade K-8. Times vary based on age.
- Toddler Time is back at the Community Center! Meeting every Tuesday from 9:30-11:00 AM. Each 4-week session is $48 with a 50% sibling discount. Session 2 started Tuesday, October 17 but drop-in rates are available.
- Peapod Playgroups: Mammoth runs through January 25 and the Crowley Lake sessions are ongoing through November 17.
- Coming soon: Adult Competitive Indoor Soccer, Adult Recreation Volleyball, and Adult Curling. Stay tuned…
- Always Patsy Cline is showing at the Bishop Elks Lodge tonight, November 16 through Sunday, November 19.
- Community Conversation will meet tonight, November 19, at Mammoth Lakes Brewing Company. Catch up with Mono County Supervisor Stacy Corless, Mammoth Lakes Town Councilmember Colin Fernie and Mayor John Wentworth for an informal, interactive meeting about local issues.
- Chamber Music Unbound presents String Theory music by Schubert, Beethoven, and Mendelssohn, Saturday, November 18, 7:30 p.m. at the Mammoth Lakes Lutheran Church.
- Essential Oil Workshop: Avoiding Flu and Cold Season will be held at Mountain Sol Yoga and Holistic Healing on Friday, November 17 from 6:00 to 7:00 p.m.
- Sunday Workshop at The Nest, November 19 focuses on creating your own face and hair toner using all natural and organic ingredients.
- Mammoth Turkey Trot is November 23 at 9:00 a.m. Start your Thanksgiving morning with a fun one-mile run through Mammoth Lakes.
- Holiday Tree Lighting at the Village is on Friday, November 24. Join Woolly and Santa for photos, activities, live music and tree lighting. Live music starts at 5:30 p.m. with the tree lighting scheduled for 6:00 p.m. Start your holiday season off right!
- Tamarack Used Equipment Sale is on November 24 from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Get a set of gently used cross-country skis at discounted prices. Get there early, inventory is limited!
- Cardinal Village Christmas Festival kicks off November 25. Running every Saturday and Sunday through December 17, take a trip to Cardinal Village and shop for a tree, holiday gifts, visit with Santa, and more!
- Bishop’s Christmas Parade is December 2 at 4:30 p.m. Take in some holiday cheer in Bishop!
Wishing you all an early Happy Thanksgiving!
Program & Facilities Coordinator
Town of Mammoth Lakes
P.O. Box 1609
437 Old Mammoth Road, Suite R
Mammoth Lakes, CA 93546
Subscribe to Recreation This Week or contact Lauren Plum at or (760) 965-3699. This is an opt-in e-newsletter and will not be sold or used for any other purpose.
Access the Recreation This Week Archive
to catch up on all the news, events or programs that you missed!