Recreation This Week!
ALL RECREATION - ALL THE TIME!
Recreation This Week! is a weekly e-newsletter compiled by the Recreation Department for the community of Mammoth Lakes. In it you will find a weekly sampling of our boundless recreational opportunities in one of the world's most spectacular playgrounds.
Whether you're looking for family fun, learning new things, challenging your endurance or simply rejuvenating the soul, we hope you'll take advantage of what awaits you in Mammoth Lakes.
Recreation This Week - August 22, 2019
Celebrate the end of summer with FREE admission at the Whitmore Pool on Sunday, August 25, from 12pm-6pm.
WIN A FREE 2020 SUMMER CAMP!
If you have participated in one of our camps or programs this summer we want to hear from you! Tell us the good, the bad, and the awesome with our Customer Satisfaction Survey. It takes two minutes. Every survey submitted with contact info will be entered into a drawing for a free summer camp in 2020. One survey per participant per camp.
Our weekly Junior Aces Tennis Program, Session II starts tonight, Thursday, August 22. There are still places available in the 10-14 years age group from 4:30pm-5:30pm. Register today!
Only one more session of Adult Drop-In Tennis Clinics left this season. Tuesdays, August 27 is your last chance to get some pointers from our tennis pro, Kyle Osland, at the Community Tennis Courts.
There are still spaces available in the Adult Tennis Camp and Social IV, staring Monday, September 9. Register today!
Softball League Scores and Standings
Congrats to our Men’s League Champions XRC and Runner Up Max BP as well as our Coed Champions Free Agents and Runner Up Black Tie. Thank you to all teams for an amazing season. Stay tuned for a manager debrief this September. Final playoff scores and bracket.
Whitmore Pool & Recreation Area
Recreation Swim will close at Whitmore Pool, August 25. Lap swim will enjoy EXTENDED AM and PM Lap Swim hours until Friday, September 6, 2019.
Snowcreek Swim Club – Swim year-round with Coach Jenah and develop strokes and technique. Tuesdays and Thursdays through October 24. Development Group 5:00pm-5:45pm (5+ years). Competition Advanced Group (8+ years) 5:45pm-6:45pm. Register today!
Mono County Little League will be hosting a FREE baseball clinic Saturday, September 14 and Sunday, September 15 at the Whitmore Ball Fields. This is a skills camp for all kids to attend ages 6 and up. More information and a full schedule of events is available on their Facebook event: Eastern Sierra Baseball Clinic 9/14-15. Check it out today!
AYSO –Host Families Needed!
AYSO is searching for host families to house the Challenger Coaches! These coaches will be assisting 5U and 6U players and coaches to start the season. If you can host between August 26 and September 9 please contact Danielle at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
Disc Golf Course Meet-Up
Come meet Avery Jenkins, our disc golf designer for the upcoming Shady Rest 18-hole disc golf course, at Mammoth Brewing Company this Friday, August 23, 2019 at 6:00 p.m.
- Help design The Parcel! Join the design workshop August 20-23 in Suite Z. A variety of formats are available throughout the day so join one or join them all! Be a part of shaping affordable housing in Mammoth Lakes!
- Mammoth Rocks & Taste of the Sierra begins Thursday, August 22 and continues through Sunday, August 24 at the village. Enjoy live music, good food and friendly faces, all ages welcome!
- VC XC MTB Series continues with the fifth rendition tonight, Thursday August 22 at Mammoth Mountain. Downhill more your style? The VC DH MTB Series continues tomorrow, Friday, August 23. Entry into the race is free but does require a pedal pass.Test your skills and speed tonight and tomorrow with these local races.
- New this year is Ladies Day on Thursdays. Meet fellow female mountain bikers and work on different technical skills each Thursday at Mammoth Mountain.
- Join Friends of the Inyo this weekend for Nature Journaling at Coldwater Creek or Mountain Formations at Convict Lake both of these interpretive walks are from 10:00 to 1:00 pm on August 23. The following day, August 24 they have a Rock Creek Clean Up Day (8:30-12:30) followed by a Botany walk at Rock Creek beginning at 1:00. Check it out this weekend!
- Wave Rave’s Annual Skate Contest is this Saturday, August 24 at the Volcom Brothers Skate Park! Registration starts at 8:00 am and the first event starts at 9:00. Bring the whole family and register or watch this amazing community event. An amazing amount of prizes and giveaways, bbqs, food, fun, and excitement for the whole family this Saturday!
- Support Mammoth Lakes Foundation and Disabled Sports Eastern Sierra at the 20th Dave McCoy Classic Golf Tournament this Sunday, August 25 at Sierra Star Golf Course. Register today and help make Mammoth Lakes a better place to live!
- Not Your Grandma’s Bingo is back at The Warming Hut on Wednesday, August 28. Help support Volunteer Eastern Sierra and enjoy some fun for all ages!
- Tri-County Fair in Bishop – August 29-September 1
- Avenue Q the Musical – August 29-September 1
- Mammoth Rock N Rye – August 30-September 1
- ESIA Campfire Program Crowley – August 30
- ESIA Campfire Program New Shady Rest – August 31
- Rodeo – August 31
- Labor Day Festival of the Arts – August 31-September 2
- Mammoth Lakes Bike Month – September
- Destruction Derby – September 1
- Summer Ezakimak & Summit Sunset Party – September 1
- June Lake Jam Fest – September 6-8
- Graniteman Challenge – September 6-8
- Mammoth Gran Fondo – September 7
- Tioga Pass Run – September 8
- Storytelling Festival – September 8
- Mammoth Oktoberfest – September 19-21
- Friends of the Inyo Interpretive Programs
- 2019 Summer Tours of Valentine Reserve
- Minaret Cinema’s Movie Theatre
- CSA 1 Summer Classes
- Mammoth Lakes Library Calendar
- Sierra Wellness Center Calendar
- Chamber of Commerce Events
- 2019 Summer Train Ride Schedule at Laws Museum
- Historic Benton Hot Springs 2019 Events
- Mono Basin Summer Seminars
- Free Concerts in Bishop Park
Enjoy your weekend!
* * * * * * *
This complimentary message is being sent to opt-in subscribers who might be interested in its content. If you do not wish to continue receiving these messages, please accept our apologies, and unsubscribe by visiting our website at:
Please note, we will not sell or give your e-mail address to any organization without your explicit permission.
Subscribe to Recreation This Week or contact Lauren Plum at or (760) 965-3699. This is an opt-in e-newsletter and will not be sold or used for any other purpose.
Access the Recreation This Week Archive to catch up on all the news, events or programs that you missed!