Recreation This Week!
ALL RECREATION - ALL THE TIME!
Recreation This Week! is a weekly e-newsletter compiled by the Recreation Department for the community of Mammoth Lakes. In it you will find a weekly sampling of our boundless recreational opportunities in one of the world's most spectacular playgrounds.
Whether you're looking for family fun, learning new things, challenging your endurance or simply rejuvenating the soul, we hope you'll take advantage of what awaits you in Mammoth Lakes.
Recreation This Week - August 16, 2018
- The Whitmore Pool is in full operation through Sunday, August 26. Join us for public swimming Monday – Friday from 12:30 – 3:30 pm and on Saturday from 10:00am – 6:00pm and Sunday between Noon and 6:00pm. Lap swimming is also offered Monday - Friday from 6:30 – 8:30am, and every Tuesday and Thursday afternoon from 5:30 – 7:30pm. We have great drop-in rates available and ask about our new Loyalty Card! For additional information, please call the Whitmore Pool at (760) 965-3692 during operating hours or visit us online. The pool is scheduled to close on Friday, August 31, 2018.
- Come check out a Men’s or Coed Softball game! Men’s League plays on Monday and Wednesday evenings and Coed plays on Tuesday and Thursday evenings. Games start at 5:30 p.m. and 6:45 p.m. and the Women’s Club is out there selling concessions from the snack shack. Support your local softball enthusiasts!
- Men’s League Standings
- The Originals
- Goodlife Cafe
- Coed League Standing
- Rock N Dirt
- Ballz Deep
- Hit It N Quit It
- Community Center Tennis Programs
- Adult Drop-In Tennis Clinics are available for intermediate and advanced adults every Tuesday and Thursdays from 3:30 until 5:30 p.m at the community courts. Each session is just $10 per person. Punch cards available!
- Join our free Sunday Tennis Social from 9:30 a.m. until noon. Meet some new people and practice your game.
- Private tennis lessons are also available on Tuesdays from 2:30 until 3:30 p.m. with advanced reservations. $25 per half hour.
- Mammoth Peapods continues every Thursday from 10:00 am to 11:00 through September 27 at Shady Rest Park. This is a fun group for families with children age 0-5 to socialize and encourage development through play.
- Shakespeare in the Woods: Macbeth continues Thursdays through Sundays through August, 19. Grab a picnic, head over to the The Woods, and take in this classic tonight!
- Support the Mammoth Mountain Community Foundation at the Mammoth Wine Weekend beginning Thursday, August 16 and continuing through Sunday, August 19 featuring wine related events throughout Mammoth Lakes.
- Watch the sunset over the Minarets at the Summer Sunset Party on Friday, August 17. Indoor and outdoor entertainment provided with music, food and concessions. Celebrate summer with Mammoth Mountain this Friday!
- Head out to Hayden Cabin for their Annual Pioneer Party, Saturday, August 18 from 4:30 to 9:30 p.m. Join the festivities with music, food, and information about the site.
- Period attire encouraged at Music, Merriment, and Mischief in Benton, Saturday, August 18 from 3:00 to 9:00 p.m. Enjoy and evening of food, music, country dancing and history as you support the Historic Benton Hot Spring Nonprofit. Get your tickets today!
- June Lake Theatre Festival’s 2018 Performances will be held on Saturday, August 18 from 7:00 to 8:30 p.m. at the Double Eagle Resort and Spa. Come see original plays performed for an evening of inspiration!
- Learn to paint some gorgeous ladies on wood slices with the New Art and Wine artist, Candy Wild on Tuesday, August 21 from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. at the MAC Gallery. Get Campy with Candy will show you how to create your own one-of-a-kind piece of art with step-by-step instructions using various brush and sponge techniques. Fun for all levels of artists, sign up today!
- Friends of the Inyo is hosting a variety of interpretive programs all over the Eastern Sierras this summer. Check out their full schedule and see if anything piques your interest!
- Join Disabled Sports Eastern Sierra Wednesdays through October for their weekly adaptive cycling group. Build endurance, stamina, and independence with a great group of riders exploring the roads and paths of Mammoth Lakes and the Eastern Sierra this summer. DSES provides bikes, personalized and group instruction, and camaraderie for a special monthly lesson rate. Take advantage of this great opportunity for adaptive athletes by calling 760.934.0791 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Enjoy a bite to eat in the village followed by a FREE movie every Thursday and Sunday evening in The Village. Check out their full schedule and pick a film today!
- Keep up to date with the air quality in Mammoth Lakes and the surrounding area with Mono County’s Wildfire Smoke webpage.
- Mammoth Rocks and Taste of the Sierra – August 23-26
- Wave Rave Annual Skate Competition – August 25
- 19th Annual Mammoth Lakes Foundation Golf Tournament – August 26
- Eastern Sierra Tri-County Fair – August 30 – September 2
- Mammoth Rock N Rye- August 31 – September 2
- Mammoth Lakes Bike Month – September 2018
- Labor Day Festival of the Arts – September 1-3
- Free Fishing Day – September 1
- June Lake Jam Fest – September 7-9
- Graniteman Challenge – September 7-9
- Gran Fondo – September 8
- Experience Electric: National Drive Electric Week Event – September 9
- Mono Basin Seminars
- Chamber of Commerce Events
Have a great weekend!
Subscribe to Recreation This Week or contact Lauren Plum at or (760) 965-3699. This is an opt-in e-newsletter and will not be sold or used for any other purpose.
Access the Recreation This Week Archive to catch up on all the news, events or programs that you missed!