Recreation This Week!
ALL RECREATION - ALL THE TIME!
Recreation This Week! is a weekly e-newsletter compiled by the Recreation Department for the community of Mammoth Lakes. In it you will find a weekly sampling of our boundless recreational opportunities in one of the world's most spectacular playgrounds.
Whether you're looking for family fun, learning new things, challenging your endurance or simply rejuvenating the soul, we hope you'll take advantage of what awaits you in Mammoth Lakes.
Recreation This Week - June 13, 2019
The Whitmore Pool opens for public swim on Saturday, June 15! Come on out and enjoy a FREE day at the pool with your family, including FREE hot dogs, from 10:00 am to 6:00 p.m. Summer is here!
- Summer Camps start Monday, June 17 with the first rendition of Climbing Camp followed by Wave Rave Skate Camp I beginning Wednesday, June 19. Reminders have been sent out to parents along with camp itineraries and required paperwork. If you have any questions regarding next week’s camps please email me at email@example.com.
- 2019 Softball League play starts on Monday, June 17 (Men’s) and Tuesday, June 18 (Coed). Come on out and cheer on your local softball teams as they compete for bragging rights at Shady Rest Park. Games start at 5:30 and 6:45 respectively.
- The Mammoth Softball Tournaments are July 13-14 (Men’s Tournament) and July 20-21 (Coed Tournament). Register your team to reserve your spot today! Space is limited.
- AYSO - American Youth Soccer Association - Fall registration is open now! Fall soccer for Mono County is open to all levels of players born in 2015 or later. The season runs from the end of August through the beginning of November. Most games are played at Shady Rest Park on Saturdays. For more information and to register visit: https://www.ayso316.org. Early registration ends July 15 so register today!
- Did you know that drowning is the second leading cause of unintentional injury-related death for 0-14 year olds? And that research shows the risk of drowning can be reduced by 88% if children participate in formal swimming lessons. Whitmore Pool is taking part in the World’s Largest Swim Lesson on Thursday, June 20 and providing FREE 20 mins swim lessons from 12pm-3pm. Please call (760) 965-3697 to register. Advance registration is required.
- Drop-In Adult Tennis Clinics start on Tuesday, June 18 from 3:30-5:30pm at the Community Tennis Courts on Forrest Trail. Join our tennis pro, Kyle Osland, for these weekly group sessions, designed for players 16+ years and at an intermediate level. $10 per session (drop-in fee). Punch cards available for purchase at the Town Offices (credit card, cash or check) or at the Community Tennis Courts (cash or check) prior to clinics.
- Register for the Challenger Sports International Soccer Camp (7/15 - 7/19) before midnight on June 15 and receive a FREE International Soccer jersey. https://challenger.configio.com/…/191…/mammoth-lakes-week-1…
- Spots are still available in our NEW! Junior Aces Program for 10-14 year old young adults. Learn the basics of Tennis at a weekly tennis lesson on Thursday evenings. Two different sessions available!
- Get in touch with your creative side and register for an art camp!
July 15 - July 19, 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
Mammoth Lakes Community Center
Ages 6-12, $155
This camp is geared toward getting kids into the paint-exploring lots of different paint colors, color mixing, painting on large surfaces and letting them express themselves each day with creativity. Children will learn about different mediums, styles of painting, choices of surfaces to paint on and much more. Students will see examples of different works of art. We will be working with water based acrylic paints. Smocks will be provided. Please have your child bring a snack and water each day. Register with Kelly at (808) 225-2061 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ground Up Climbing Guides offers additional kids climbing camps on alternative dates to our Parks and Rec Climbing Camps as well as on-demand camps and advanced climbing camps. Get more information and register today!
- Mammoth Yoga Festival starts today, Thursday, June 13 and continues at various locations around town through Sunday, June 16. Clear your head and expand your own personal yoga universe this weekend! Open to all levels, check out the schedule and register today!
- Mono Basin Bird Chautauqua is taking place this weekend in Lee Vining beginning, Friday, June 14 and continuing through Sunday, June 16. Birders from all over and of all levels come together for a weekend to enhance their appreciation and understanding of the Mono Basin’s diverse and abundant bird life. Expand your knowledge and register today!
- Snowcreek Golf Course opens tomorrow, Friday, June 14. Reserve your tee time today!
- Celebrate fishing in the Eastern Sierras with a Free Showing: Fly Fishing on Film Tour at Eagle Lodge on Saturday, June 15 at 6:00 p.m. There will be a pre-show expo, kids activities, complementary appetizers and a no host bar prior to the screening. Complementary door prizes to the first 50 people in attendance. Fisherpeople unite!
- Check out some Porches at the High Altitude Porche Tour Car Viewing on Saturday, June 15 on Canyon Boulevard by The Village. Free and open to the public, this car show will take place from 4:00 to 7:00 p.m.
- Get Golf Ready series has begun with Juniors on Mondays and Ladies on Wednesdays. Only one session into these 5-week golf lesson series and drop in rates are available, the cost is $109 for 5-week series or $30 for a single drop in.
- Mono Arts Council’s Art & Wine series continues with Pastels with Randall Smith on Tuesday, June 18 from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. a the MAC Gallery and Art Center. Randall, known for his sensitive representations of light in the landscape, will talk you through painting with pastels. Registration includes all materials and a glass of wine, register today!
- CSA 1 Summer Classes have been released. If you live in Crowley Lake be sure to take advantage of these free and diverse classes offered at your community center and if you want to join but live outside of Crowley Lake the drop in fee is just $5.
- CA High School Rodeo State Championships is in Bishop through June 15. For more information and to buy tickets contact the Bishop Chamber of Commerce at (760) 873-8405.
- The Fred Hall Father’s Day Fishing Derby has been postponed due to snow in the Mammoth Lakes Basin. The derby will still take place this year and will be held over the Labor Day weekend.
- Mammoth Motocross – June 21-30
- Jason Petty: Hank Williams-The Lonesome Tour at Edison Theatre – June 21-June 22
- Mammoth Jazzfest – June 21-22
- Go Skateboarding Day – June 21
- 4th Annual Music and Moonshine at Hayden Cabin – June 22
- Mammoth Half Marathon & 5K – June 23
- Gym to Crag Transition Weekend – June 22
- The Village Summer Jam – June 28-29
- Troutfest at Hot Creek Hatchery – June 29
- Pitbike Challenge – June 29
- Famous and Not So Famous Dead of Benton - June 29
- Eastern Sierra Symphony 42 Annual Summer Festival – June 28-29
- Fourth of July Events
- MHS Boosters Old Mammoth Road George Washington Crawl
- Mammoth Celebrates the Arts
- Lion’s Club Pancake Breakfast
- 14th Annual Footloose Freedom Mile
- 4th of July Parade
- Pops in the Park
- Family Fun Day at Hayden Cabin
- Mammoth Lakes 4th of July Fireworks Spectacular
- 4th of July Weekend at Hayden Cabin
- The Village at Mammoth 4th of July Events
- Summit Sunset Party #1 at Mammoth Mountain
- Jazz by the Creek
- Minaret Cinema’s Movie Theatre
- Crowley Lake Spring Community Classes
- Mammoth Lakes Library Calendar
- Sierra Wellness Center Calendar
- Chamber of Commerce Events
- 2019 SNARL Spring Seminar Series
- 2019 Summer Train Ride Schedule at Laws Museum
- Historic Benton Hot Springs 2019 Events
Enjoy your weekend!
* * * * * * *
This complimentary message is being sent to opt-in subscribers who might be interested in its content. If you do not wish to continue receiving these messages, please accept our apologies, and unsubscribe by visiting our website at:
Please note, we will not sell or give your e-mail address to any organization without your explicit permission.
Subscribe to Recreation This Week or contact Lauren Plum at or (760) 965-3699. This is an opt-in e-newsletter and will not be sold or used for any other purpose.
Access the Recreation This Week Archive to catch up on all the news, events or programs that you missed!