Recreation This Week!
ALL RECREATION - ALL THE TIME!
Recreation This Week! is a weekly e-newsletter compiled by the Recreation Department for the community of Mammoth Lakes. In it you will find a weekly sampling of our boundless recreational opportunities in one of the world's most spectacular playgrounds.
Whether you're looking for family fun, learning new things, challenging your endurance or simply rejuvenating the soul, we hope you'll take advantage of what awaits you in Mammoth Lakes.
Recreation This Week - October 17, 2019
Get your costume ready! Our annual Halloween Party & Haunted Roller Rink is Friday, October 25. This fun community event for elementary aged students includes skates, costume contest, carnival games and more! Admission is $5 per child. Scooters, skateboards and other wheeled devices welcome. Volunteers needed, please contact me at (760) 965-3699 or email@example.com .
Register for Hot Shots Basketball! This program is the second oldest continuous program offered through the Town of Mammoth Lakes. Focusing on an introduction to basketball, basic skills and building confidence in young players between 3rd and 5th grade. Hot Shots Basketball will take place on Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 5:30 to 7:00 p.m. at the Mammoth Middle School gym beginning November 5 and concluding on January 30, $43 per child. November will focus on basic skills and practice and in December we will break into teams and play each other. December and January times will change to either 5:25 or 6:20 depending on game schedule. Parent coaches needed. Register today!
Registration is now open for the LA Kings Mammoth Lakes Hockey Camp on December 12 through December 15. Open to Mite, Squirt, Peewee, Midget and High School Hockey Players this camp will divide players by skill and age levels then work with LA Kings Alumni and Hockey Development staff to develop skill and confidence in your game. Register today!
Toddler Time is back at the Mammoth Lakes Community! Each session works on developing your young child's listening, social and behavior skills so they can transition better into pre-school or elementary school settings. Call or email Carole Mills to register at (209) 480-2699 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Women, Watercolor and Wilderness hosted by Eastern Sierra Conservation Corps is Saturday, October 19. Open to women of all ages and color this all-day workshop includes lunch, art supplies, and transportation to and from the trailhead for a $10-$100 donation to ESCC. Get in touch with your inner artist and meet some like minded women this weekend!
- The Downtown Bishop Chocolate Art Walk is Saturday, October 19. Featuring 32 locations and over 75 artists, photographers and musicians this free event features a unique chocolate at each site and a delight for your senses. Come on out and support your local artist from 3:00 to 8:00 p.m. this Saturday!
- Catch the Mammoth Lakes Film Festival Mid-Season Screening of Maiden, the story of Tracy Edwards, a 24-year-old cook on charter boats, who became the skipper of the first ever all-female crew to enter the Whitbread Round the World Race in 1989. The screening is October 19 at 7:00 p.m in Edison Theatre.
- Join the Mammoth Lakes Chamber of Commerce for Business After Hours at The Eatery on Tuesday, October 22 from 5:00 to 7:00. Network with your fellow business professionals while enjoying some tasty food, free for members or $10 for non-members.
- Forest Island Avalanche Dynamics Exhibition & Workshop – October 26-27
- 4th Annual Eastern Sierra History Conference – October 25-27
- Halloween Party and Haunted Roller Rink – October 25
- Fall Into Reading – October 26
- Wicked Brew – October 26
- Art and Wine Series – October 29
- Howl’oween Parade and Costume Contest – October 30
- Fall Highball Craggin’ Classic Bishop – November 1-3
- The Jungle Book Play – November 2
- FREE Elvis Tribute Concert – November 2
- Sierra Classic Murder Mystery Dinners – November 3-11
- Mountain Film on Tour – November 8
- Mammoth Mountain Opening Day – November 9
- 2019 Astronomy Fall Lecture Series – November 14
- Poetry Out Loud – November 15
- Tamarack Cross Country Ski Opening Day – November 23
- Turkey Trot – November 28
- Holiday Tree Lighting in the Village – November 29
- Mammoth Ice Rink Opening Night – November 29
- Christmas Parade – December 7
- Peapods Toddler Playgroup
- Friends of the Inyo Events
- Minaret Cinema’s Movie Theatre
- CSA 1 Fall Classes
- Mammoth Lakes Library Calendar
- Sierra Wellness Center Calendar
- Historic Benton Hot Springs 2019 Events
- Mono Basin Summer Seminars
Enjoy your weekend!
* * * * * * *
This complimentary message is being sent to opt-in subscribers who might be interested in its content. If you do not wish to continue receiving these messages, please accept our apologies, and unsubscribe by visiting our website at:
Please note, we will not sell or give your e-mail address to any organization without your explicit permission.
Subscribe to Recreation This Week or contact Lauren Plum at or (760) 965-3699. This is an opt-in e-newsletter and will not be sold or used for any other purpose.
Access the Recreation This Week Archive to catch up on all the news, events or programs that you missed!