Para español: Haga clic en la esquina superior derecha para traducir esta página:
Please take our survey on Engage Mammoth Lakes!
¡Por favor, responda nuestra encuesta!
The Parcel (formerly known as the Shady Rest Parcel) is an undeveloped site located in Mammoth Lakes at the west end of Tavern Road, between Manzanita Road, Center Street, and Laurel Mountain Road. The site is about 25 acres in size, with a wetland area of roughly 4 acres. The Parcel has long been zoned to fulfill a significant portion of the existing affordable housing need in Mammoth Lakes, as well as to provide other community benefits described in the 2007 General Plan(External link). In accordance with the recommendations of the 2017 Community Housing Action Plan(External link), the Town of Mammoth Lakes purchased the Parcel in 2018 and has initiated a Conceptual Land Use Planning process for the site known as “Plan the Parcel”. One of the primary goals of the Plan the Parcel process, which is anticipated to last through the end of 2019, is to gather feedback from the community to incorporate into the future design and development of the site. By providing your feedback, either through the initial survey below or by participating in the Upcoming Events(External link), you can help ensure that development of the Parcel will not only help to provide much needed affordable housing but will also create a unique and vibrant place that Mammoth Lakes residents and visitors can enjoy.
This page includes a summary of ongoing "Plan The Parcel" Conceptual Land Use Planning efforts for The Parcel.
Stay Informed and Involved!
- Join The Parcel NOTIFY ME email/text message list
- Contact Grady Dutton, Public Works Director for questions or additional info:
phone: (760) 965-3659 (please leave a message)
- Engage Mammoth Lakes! Online survey and feedback platform
- Find us on Social Media:
June 26, 2019 3:00pm to 6:00pm - Joint Town Council/PEDC Workshop #1
Aug 11, 2019 - Community Meeting in Spanish (details to come)
Aug 17, 2019 - Community Meeting in Spanish (details to come)
Aug 20-23, 2019 - 4-day Public Design Workshop
Sept 2019 - Community Meeting in Spanish (details to come)
Oct 2, 2019 (TBD) - Joint Town Council/PEDC Workshop #2
Dec 4, 2019 (TBD) - Joint Town Council/PEDC Workshop #3
The Town is currently undergoing the activities shown in yellow below, including Development Due Diligence, Public Engagement, and Conceptual Land Use Planning.
Recent Project Developments
- Lisa Wise Consulting contracted to provide "Plan The Parcel" Conceptual Land Use Planning services
- LWC has finalized the Public Outreach Plan
- Staff and MLH are applying for $160,000 in SB2 grant funding
- The Parcel Headquarters - new conference room space at 437 Old Mammoth Rd. Suite 218 (next to Town offices)
- Spanish interpreter Katharine Allen on board
- Public interest interviews conducted May 7 and 8 by the LWC team
- Several low income households contacted by staff and MLH
- Overall project “branding” including new logo and social media pages launched
- Public outreach postcards in English and Spanish:
Featured Past Events:
Walk the Parcel - October 20, 2018
Town Staff invited the Public to a Walk the Parcel Event, during which they conducted walking tours of the site and provided information and answered questions about the proposed project.