The Mammoth View project is located on 5.51 acres along Main Street/State Route (SR) 203, Mountain Boulevard, and Alpine Circle. The project consists of a 54-room boutique hotel, 24 townhome condominiums, and 28 freestanding condominium cabin units. The Planning and Economic Development Commission approved the project in August 2011. The project is entitled through August 2023.
Progress continues on the following items:
- Undergrounding - The undergrounding of power lines along the north side of Main Street/SR 203 is expected to start in late July 2015. Due to a partnership between the Town, Mono County, the Mammoth View Developer, and Southern California Edison, an additional 4 poles will be undergrounded (in front of Viewpoint Condominiums). This will result in the undergrounding of approximately 2,200 feet of overhead power lines, including 3 street crossings.
- Sidewalk - A new sidewalk along the north side of Main Street/SR 203 from Mountain Blvd to Minaret Road is expected to be constructed in 2016. This sidewalk project will be funded by the State Transportation Improvement Program (STIP) and the Mammoth View Developer.
- Viewpoint Road - Town staff and Caltrans are working on a maintenance agreement and the relinquishment of the Viewpoint Road right-of-way to the Town. The Town will then maintain Viewpoint Road through the Benefit Assessment District (BAD) formed in 2014.
- Development - The Mammoth View Developer is preparing to move forward with off-site improvements and to break ground in 2016.
Vesting Tentative Tract Map, Use Permit, and Design Review
- Resolution 2011-07, Approving the Mammoth View Project
- Final plan set (8-3-11) (21MB - please be patient with download)
- Vesting Tentative Tract Map (8-2-11) (7MB - please be patient with download)
Initial Study (16MB - please be patient with download)
Initial Study Appendices (71MB - please be patient with download)
For additional information, please contact Nolan Bobroff, Associate Planner at (760) 965-3631.