Multi-Use Facility Design Review
Design Review (DR) 16-011
Mammoth Creek Park - West (686 Old Mammoth Road)
The Multi-Use Facility project at Mammoth Creek Park West will include a covered Olympic-size ice rink and a community center/viewing area that includes a concessions area, rentals, locker rooms, restrooms, and a 2,500 square foot community center space. Additional elements of the project include a 36 space parking lot (this is in addition to the existing 44 parking spaces), relocation and redesign of the existing playground to be larger and inclusive (this will be completed under a different project and funded by a grant from the CA Healthy Play Initiative), and street and sidewalk connections to the existing paths and streets in the vicinity of the park. For additional project information, please go to the Plan Mammoth Creek Park webpage located HERE.
Planning and Economic Development Commission - October 11, 2017
At this meeting, the Planning and Economic Development Commission voted 5-0 to approve the Multi-Use Facility design (Design Review 16-011).
The complete meeting packet and video recording of the meeting are available online HERE.
- Notice of Determination (filed with the Mono County Clerk's office October 12, 2017 and posted through November 13, 2017)
- Staff Report
- Attachment 1 - Resolution
- Attachment 2 - Project Plans
- Attachment 3 - Design Committee Minutes
Design Committee Review
Design Committee - September 21, 2017
Design Committee - August 31, 2017
An Environmental Impact Report (EIR) was prepared for the proposed Multi-Use Facility project in accordance with the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) Guidelines. The purpose of the EIR was to review the existing conditions, analyze potential environmental impacts, and identify feasible mitigation measures to reduce potentially significant effects of the proposed project. Below is a summary of the EIR milestones:
- Staff filed a Notice of Preparation (NOP) on June 2, 2016 initiating the environmental review process
- The Draft EIR (Notice of Availability) was released for public review on December 29, 2016 and was circulated for a 45-day public review period, which ended on February 13, 2017. Upon completion of the public review period, comments were responded to and revisions were made to the Draft EIR in response to the comments.
- The Final EIR was released for public review on April 24, 2017 and included responses to comments, revisions to the Draft EIR, and the Mitigation Monitoring and Reporting Program (MMRP).
- The Planning and Economic Development Commission (PEDC) reviewed the EIR on May 10, 2017 and recommended to the Town Council certification of the EIR and adoption of the MMRP. (PEDC Staff Report)
- The Town Council certified the Final EIR and adopted the MMRP on May 17, 2017 via Resolution 17-38. The Town filed a Notice of Determination (NOD) for the project on May 18, 2017 with the Mono County Clerk and the CA Office of Planning and Research, thereby initiating the 30-day CEQA challenge period.
- The 30-day CEQA challenge period ended at 5pm on June 17, 2017 (this was extended to June 19th at 5pm due to June 17th being on the weekend) and no challenge was filed.
For additional information and materials on the EIR, please go to the Environmental Review webpage located HERE.